Monday & its Healing Elements
“Mr. Moon’s Monday orange self energies at the hara (svaadisthan chakra) attract and call for name, fame, appreciation, and of course a pleasurable sex life. But there is a lot more to Monday than that.”
While the external radiance of Moon’s day is a pearl white, the energies of the Moon are orange and influence the water element. The orange moon energy is the influencing controller of the fickle, changeable, personal identity ego chakra also known as the svaadisthan—the place of the self. It also influences the sex chakra.
Day 2 of the week – Monday & its healing elements
The moon reflects the light of the sun, transforming the bright sun rays into nourishing energies.
Kṛṣṇa says, “I enter the planets and the earth, and maintain and sustain all the living entities by My potency, and by becoming the Moon and through its life-giving rays I provide the essential nourishing juice of life in plants, herbs and vegetables.” BG 15.13 Bhagavad Gita for All
Scroll down directly to Monday benefit activation
In recent times Monday, Somvaar, the day of the reflected sun’s radiance from the moon, has been given by many the position of the first day of the week rather than the day of the sun. Today, most calendars reference Monday as the first day of the week, but this is factually incorrect.
(See Weekdays article for more)
The nature of Monday energies
Starting work one day late in the natural universal cycle of energy growth is also the cause of Monday-morning depressions. Another fundamental cure for this is to follow the work week cycle of the ancients: do some official work even if at home. Not to ruin a weekend, but a little bit of work–say an hour or two of work achievement on Sunday.
- This naturally aligns one to work energies, starting with Sunday, the first working day. Therefore Monday is the second working day. Then there are no subconscious ‘starting-work-late’ Monday blues.
Making Monday the first working day of the week instead of Sunday, sends an overlay of ego-based energies to the entire week, creating the grounds for easy confrontations, conflict and stress.In traditional societies, Saturday had been a day of rest and personal development, with Sunday being the supercharged jump-start for the week, whose energies remain active the longest in the full cycle of a day. (See column at right- ‘Timing of the day’s energies’.)
- In addition to self-control and practicing remaining calm in the face of provocation, focusing on responding to the content of what is said rather than responding to the way it is said, helps a lot. As the manner of speaking is also a communication of what the person actually feels, this emotional content accompanying the words can override the spoken message.
- Sometimes it is better to take the words at face value to avoid conflict, especially if something is stated in a passive-aggressive way. If open conflict is not part of the intent that one has, then getting past the emotional barriers that overlay speech is needed. That takes practice and control over one’s own instant emotional response mechanism.
Then again, there are always certain persons who will rub one up the wrong way no matter what one does! In such a case the immediate solution is to take control of and moderate the drivers to mental-emotional imbalance. The mind and the thought processes are air driven, while emotions are driven additionally by the fire element.
Emotional thinking can be calmed by controlling the air element that feeds both the emotional and mental complexes, as well as by controlling the anger-breath or air that is driven by the fire energies of the sun.
The old adage for one to count to 10 before speaking when one is upset or angry works if one takes one’s attention away from the upset. If one focuses one’s attention at the nostrils to become aware of the flow of the incoming and outgoing breaths, the mind and emotions begin to calm down rapidly.
Try this out now following this short guided meditation video.
Calming the anxiety and anger-breath
Here is a method to calm yourself in any situation …
(Press the video image to play)
You can do this standing, sitting or lying down… and even while at work
Activate Monday benefits
- The moon energies specifically affect the fluid and salt balance in the body and it’s orange radiance affect the watery false-ego chakra complex at the hara region. Disturbance of the false-ego chakra results in a mental-emotional dis-balance. This can create, or be a result of, hormonal disturbances for both men and women; and if the energies get trapped in a looping vibration, the imbalance can become a chronic state.
Enabling the fire of intelligence rather than the fire of emotions can be quick-started daily. One can do this by giving oneself three salt-water tilakas gently with the ball of the right thumb. (A pinch of salt in 50-75 mls water: 1/8th teaspoon salt in 4 to 5 ounces of water).
- The method: Dip the right thumb in salt water each time before making the tilaka at the third eye above the root of the nose, going up the center of the forehead. Do this three times. It is very helpful for clearing the mind.
- Do this along with the breath meditation done for a few seconds whenever under stress. This is something that anyone can do every day to progress inner calmness.
Chanting the 3-syllable universal energy mantra of ‘Aum’ or ‘Om’ tends to align the elements of air, fire and bodily fluids to a harmonized state.
By including the karmic healing energies of Reiki and the KQ Force to all of one’s actions and speech, naturally stabilizes the internal condition, while improving one’s life immeasurably in every way.
While this is not necessary for Reiki and KQ healers, the specific beej (seed) mantra for Somadeva (Moon) may also be chanted optionally for those who need to balance their mind:
- “Om shraam shreem shraum sah Chandramasay namah
- Through this mantra one offers respect to Somadeva, who harmonizes health energies and enhances youthfulness.
The best mantra to harmonize everything in life is, of course, the Mahamantra:
hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa
kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa hare hare
hare rāma hare rāma
rāma rāma hare hare
The Mahamantra is not limited to any particular style or mood. Here is a rendering of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra (Reggae Style) by C. C. White.
- Wearing some orange and white clothing on Monday will also attract Monday’s positive energy.
Be creative–use these colors in various ways on Sundays
Wearing orange reduces agitation created by the sexual impulses, which is why sannyasis wear saffron (orange) clothes.
- White and orange foods and vegetables are great to have on Monday.
Enjoy healthy white beans as a salad or main dish! For an added bonus–include a side dish of grilled orange carrots. Or grilled pumpkin with paprika (below). Here’s the quick recipe
The ancient science of health and longevity—Ayurveda, recommends the exposing of the body to the early morning reddish-pink (saffron orange) rays of the sun for improving one’s general health and in order to be cured of liver disease, especially jaundice and hepatitis, which is emotional indigestion at the energy level.
Next week in this series ‘Weekdays’ — The day of Mars’ or Mangal–“Tuesday” or “Mangalvaar”
“Tuesday’s energies are orange-red in color and represent the energies of the planet Mars that has a fiery red aura. Mars also represents the raw life force energy at the root chakra that resonates with the earth element which stores karmic records and generates material forms.”